Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thanks, my friend! July 25

When I think of a word to describe the woman I want to pay tribute to this week, the first one that comes to mind is "brave."  My friend, Marci, is absolutely one of the bravest people I know.  She was responsible for herself and her young sons from an early age and has always provided them an impeccable example of hard work, dedication and loyalty.  I had the pleasure of meeting her through our mutual work environment but am so glad we're sustained contact since then.

This woman is so faithful to her family that I couldn't even steal a Facebook picture of her by herself (sorry, Bob)!  She is with her loving husband or those growing boys in every other one.  Not that there's anything wrong with that ... it simply goes to show how inseparable the family has become.  They're all sports fanatics, but I'm not sure if her competitive influence is as strong with the younger two.  I think her husband is great and they are great for each other (although they kind of gag me within their online pda). 

This group has gone through incredible challenges for their unity, and they deserve all good things that come from it.  Marci worked full-time while going to college and matriculated through a Bachelor program.  She has done some graduate-level study and is working toward her state teacher certification.  Her students  love their "Ms. Marci!"  It's great to see her in a job she enjoys, and the school district is lucky to have her.  She brings them a wealth of knowledge, both academic and experiential.  

Marci is a dedicated mom who has spent her life showing her boys how to become successful adults. Their success is just as important as her own -- each win is equally gratifying.  This woman is wholly committed , and I believe she created the familial closeness anyone wishes for in their life.  She lost her mother, and the boys lost their beloved grandmother; but Marci strongly carries the matriarchal weight she has been left.  I'm sometimes in awe of how she performs under pressure and admire her courage, strength and modesty.

One of Marci's most endearing qualities is her sense of humor and fun.  We usually snarkily share what we find amusing. There are people you're meant to meet in life, but then again there are friends you're apt to keep for life.  I greatly miss being around her.   


Please tell someone you know just how important they are in your life.  It's only takes a minute of time, and we don't always have a tomorrow to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment