Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thanks, my friend! June 20

This week I want to express my most sincere appreciation to someone who has brought so much joy into my life in the short time I've known her.  Kirsten is a yoga instructor whose expertise benefits so many people in this area.  
She's an extremely adept teacher who works individually with her students at their varying levels of ability and need while adapting to all the idiosyncratic personalities that enter the Y.  Can you imagine that variety of people?  She also teaches at other studios, and I'm sure has a wide range of wannabes like me who she has helped live their practice.

Kirsten's words of wisdom come back to me in her absence from our weekly class, and I miss her very much!  Although I only know her on a professional and "FB friend" level, Kirsten strikes me a kind and caring soul who gives much of herself to many other people in her community.  (I also hope she doesn't mind that I stole her profile pic, either.)  

This post is my debt of gratitude expressed to her, as I never quite got my note to her at Christmastime that said how much peace she has brought to me through yoga over the last year.  My weekly escape from tinnitus.  The world would be a better place with more Kirstens in it.  So thanks, my friend!  

Please share your feelings of appreciation for an important woman in your life.  It only takes a second to tell someone how important they are to you.

1 comment:

  1. Katy. Wow. Thank you so much! It is people like you, who say things of this nature, that keep me going and sharing my love of yoga with all. You brought tears to my eyes as I sit here in Florida on vacation, enjoying a glass of red wine as I watch the evening rain this Summer Solstice. You can borrow my photo any time. Miss you and the Tuesday night crew for sure. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete